1. The NACHI Inspector shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the NACHI Standards of Practice.
2. The NACHI inspector will not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
3. The NACHI Inspector shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
4. The NACHI Inspector will not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
5. The NACHI Inspector shall be truthful regarding his/her services & qualifications.
6. The NACHI Inspector will have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client, nor will the NACHI Inspector accept or offer any undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits, or other benefit.
7. The NACHI Inspector will not communicate any information about an inspection to anyone except the client without the prior written consent of the client, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
8. The NACHI Inspector shall always act in the interest of the client, unless doing so violates a law, statute, or this Code of Ethics.
9. The NACHI Inspector shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services, and fees.
10. The NACHI Inspector shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he/she conduct business.
11. The NACHI inspector shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to structure on which the inspector or inspector's company has prepared a home inspection report, for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems which are not included in the NACHI standards of practice.
1. The NACHI Inspector will strive to improve the Home Inspection Industry by sharing his/her lessons and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the Inspector from copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other Inspectors or the public in any manner permitted by law.
2. The NACHI Inspector shall assist the NACHI leadership in disseminating and publicizing the benefits of NACHI membership.
3. The NACHI Inspector will not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious, or destructive to NACHI, fellow NACHI members, NACHI employees, leadership or directors. Member(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall be reviewed by the Ethics committee for possible sanctions and/or expulsion from NACHI.